Effective Networking online and offline - How to connect with people who might be interested in what you have to sell - a product, a service...
1. Set clear concise goals. This will give you a purpose and there by motivating you to connect with someone who may be able to help you accomplish your goal.
2. Determine how comfortable you are with accessing your network. If you don't feel comfortable with certain aspects of networking, make sure you seek help.
3. Analyze your existing network. Create a network map with all the people you know on it. Start off by mapping those individuals who can help you with your goals and then everyone else.
4. Identify opportunities in your network. Take your goals and think about who in your network can help you accomplish them.
5. Develop connection strategies. Once you've identified a contact who you think can help, determine the best way to connect with that individual.
6. Monitor your network activity. Keep track of your goals and who you are connecting with to help you accomplish them.
7. Focus on developing long lasting mutually-beneficial relationships. Give as much as you take from your network.
8. Practice, practice, practice. Start to bring networking to the conscious level and connect with as many people as you can. After all, practice leads to improved execution.
9. Volunteer or join an association. Expand your access to contacts by volunteering with a charity or non-profit or join an association.
To your success